3. Type in Merced. Select University of California, Merced from the drop down menu.
4. The single-sign on will appear. Enter in your UCMNetID and password.
5. Since you're new to RefWorks, you will be asked some questions, such as your name, status, etc.
6. You will be taken into your RefWorks account. You will see the University's name and your own name in the upper-right of the account.
7. After your RefWorks account is created, continue to log in using the institutional credentials login link.
Important: When using an institutional log-in, you will need to create an alternate password in RefWorks in order to connect to the Reference Citation Manager (RCM) or Write-N-Cite in either Word documents or Google docs. In your RefWorks account, visit your name, select "Settings" and locate "Alternate Password".