By using the information in this guide, you will be able to
- identify appropriate sources types to meet specific information needs.
- develop search strategies to local suitable and reputable resources.
Specific Information Needs:
- background information on a field of study (discipline).
- biographical information on prominent researchers and their work.
- current issues and trends in a field of study (discipline).
- use Boolean operators and phrase searching.
- employ domain searching in Google.
- find a known item in Google Books/UC Library Search.
- locate and browse prominent journals in a field.
Key Resources & Search Tools
- Google (free web); Google Books
- UC Library Search
- JCR & Web of Science