Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
By using the information in this guide, you will be able to
- identify appropriate sources types to meet specific information needs.
- develop search strategies to local suitable and reputable resources.
Specific Information Needs:
- background information on a field of study (discipline).
- biographical information on prominent researchers and their work.
- current issues and trends in a field of study (discipline).
- use Boolean operators and phrase searching.
- employ domain searching in Google.
- find a known item in Google Books/Melvyl.
- locate and browse prominent journals in a field.
Key Resources & Search Tools
- Google (free web); Google Books
- JCR & Web of Science
Head, Research Learning Services/Librarian
Sara Davidson Squibb
Subjects:African American Studies
, African Studies
, Controversial Topics
, Criminal Justice
, Current Events
, East Asian Studies
, Engineering (Aerospace)
, Engineering (Biological)
, Health Sciences
, Middle Eastern Studies
, Performing Arts
, Science (General)
, Writing Studies