Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The UC Merced Library Is:
A Core Tool for Research
- Work strategically with other UC Libraries to control rising costs of information.
- Create economically sustainable models of scholarly communication in concert with other libraries, researchers, and publishers.
- Provide an access-oriented collection by valuing distribution over rationing and access over ownership.
- Assure long-term accessibility of intellectual assets through curation, preservation, and by promoting effective information management practices among researchers and scholars.
A Resource for Education
- Provide core information resources for undergraduate and graduate education.
- Provide services and instruction that develop information literate, research ready students.
- Collaborate extensively with faculty and student support services to achieve information literacy goals.
- Provide study and collaboration spaces that meet the real-world needs of students.
- Provide an educational work experience for library student employees.
An Efficient Organization
- Allow librarians to function as managers.
- Practice outstanding project management from concept to completion.
- Develop a highly adaptable workforce.
- Provide exceptional professional development and training.
- Avoid organizational stagnation.