Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Quick Link to this Guide
Hello! For today's session, please open this guide on your computer or device by typing the bit.ly address below in your browser search bar:
Smart Searching - Tips & Tricks from UH West Oahu
Databases Session: Outcomes & Agenda
After this class, you will be able to:
- select databases appropriate for your research
- develop search terms/ keywords to conduct successful searches Library databases.
- apply a variety of search strategies in databases to locate resources that are more relevant to your research.
- Open this guide!
- What's a library database?
- What does database mean? What's in Library databases? Why do researchers use them?
- Finding library databases relevant to your research
- Search Strategies
- Brainstorming keywords
- class brainstorm exercise
- Creating a search string
- Compare / contrast databases exercise
- Getting research help & goodbye!
, Criminal Justice
, Gardening and Horticulture
, Government Publications
, Health Sciences
, Native American Studies
, Political Science
, Psychology and Cognitive Science
, Urban Studies