Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Group Project Portfolio
Locate existing research to support the decisions you make in developing the components of your project:
- Literature Review
- Conceptualization & Measurement
- Qualitative Method Research Design
- Quantitative Data Analysis
Your project will build upon the research that has been previously conducted.
By the end of this session, you will be able to ...
- craft a search strategy based on a research question to more effectively search databases.
- use functionality in Sociological Abstracts (and other databases) to locate relevant scholarly research articles.
- access the full text of articles through UC-eLinks and/or Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- obtain citation information in order to correctly source your work through in-text citations and reference lists.
Part I: Introduction & Review (10 min)
Part II: Search Terms & Search Strategies (10 min)
Part III: Using Databases to Locate Sources (articles/evidence) (10 min)
Part IV: Practice Searching & Questions (15- 20 mins)
Part V: Finding known items in GoogleScholar (5 min)
Part V: Wrap-Up (5 min)
, Criminal Justice
, Gardening and Horticulture
, Government Publications
, Health Sciences
, Native American Studies
, Political Science
, Psychology and Cognitive Science
, Urban Studies
Pardon the Possible Disturbance
Apologies in advance if you hear barking in the background. Daisy and Trampers do not understand Zoom.