To import results into a citation manager:
- Run a search in PubMed.
- Select the Send to option above the search results.
- From the Send to menu, select Citation Manager.
- Select the results you would like to export (current page, selected items, all results).
- Click Create file to downloaded a .ris file (Research Information System) or a .nbib file.
- .ris and .nbib files are compatible with most mangers including RefWorks, Mendeley, Zotero, and EndNote.
- Open your citation manager and import the saved .ris file. This may take a minute or so if you are importing a large number of results.
If you wish to export a single record from PubMed, use the Cite option located directly under the result to download the .nbib file. Import the .nbib file to your citation manager.