Known Citation (Complete information)
1) Favorite short cut --> Try searching for the article title in Google Scholar.
2) Search for the journal title in the Journals@UCMerced tab.
3) Seach for the journal title OR the article title in UC Library Search.
Spotty Citation (Incomplete information about the Article)
Look for specific information such as author(s), journal in which the study was published, date of publication, unique words to describe the subject area.
- If the journal name is given, use the Journals@UCMerced tab to locate the journal.
- Note: This will only locate journals to which the UC Merced Library subscribes.
- If the author and/or other topic information is given, trying searching a database using those terms. e.g. Google Scholar, UC Library Search (catalog), or Web of Science.