- The Letters filter in Web of Science will not only return research letters, but also letters to the editor, and correspondance etc.
- The Note filter in Web of Science will not only return research notes, but also commentary.
Refine your results with Limits
- by Subject Category: select those most closely related to your area of study. Check mark and click "Refine".
- by Document Types: select those you want to view e.g. Article to locate original research articles.
- by Publication years: especially for topics in the scientific field
Refine your result by Searching in Results
- You can also search for metho* (for method, methods, or methodology) to try to bring up articles that mention a Methods section in the abstract.
Times Cited and Cited Reference
- This information can lead you to other articles related to your topic. Look for "Times Cited" or "Cited References" hyperlinks.
- Use the * symbol to search for variations of a word e.g. treat* for treat, treated, treatment, treatments etc.
Limit the Search to a Specific Field
- The default search is a Topic search. At the main search page, you may choose Title from the drop down menu.