Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- create search strategies based on your research question.
- navigate databases to retrieve useful information resources.
- identify people and services for asking follow-up questions.
Review (5 - 10 minutes)
Part I: Moving from a Research Question to a Search Strategy (30 minutes)
- Identifying Keywords
- Reviewing Search Strategies
- Testing a Research Question
Part II: Independent Searching (20 min)
- in Academic Search Complete / Business Source Complete
Part III: Additional Database Introduction (15 min)
- Strategies for searching in U.S. Major Dailies / Google Scholar / Congressional Research Service Reports
Part IV: Independent Searching (20 min)
- in U.S. Major Dailies / Google Scholar / Congressional Research Service Reports
Wrap Up (10 min)
Crafting a Search Strategy