By the end of this class you will be able to:
- find relevant research and popular articles using effective search strategies & database functionality.
- access articles through Get it at UC and/or Interlibrary Loan.
- locate ongoing assistance for your research needs.
1. Access Reminder
2. Source Characteristics
- Scholarly Sources (Empirical Articles, Review Articles)
- Popular Sources
3. Searching for Scholarly Sources
- Search Strategies
- AND/OR connectors
- phrase searching
- Recommended Databases
4. Searching for Popular Sources
- Determining the differences between popular, research, and review articles
5. Time to Search
- Exploring your own topics
- Finding scholarly (empirical, literature review)
- Finding popular source
8. Feedback & Wrap-Up
- Research assistance