Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find the Guide
CatCourses > CRES 101 > Pages > Library Research Guide
As a result of this lesson, you will be able to:
- recognize that information tools and systems are not neutral
- identify search tools useful for research related to media and race, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, etc.
- Thanks for having me!
- Get in groups of 5 & find the guide (5 mins)
- Bias in scholarly publishing mini-lecture (10 mins)
- Bias in information tools / systems group activity & class discussion (30 mins)
- Search tools scavenger hunt & class discussion (15 mins)
- Reflection (5 mins)
Instruction & Outreach Librarian