Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide is intended to help students in SPRK 001-21, "Do Africans Speak Spanish?" It will guide you in the search for library resources that you'll need to complete the written assignments for this course. ¡Adelante!
By the end of the library instruction session, you will be able to:
- Use UC Library Search to find library resources -- books, journal articles, videos, maps, and others -- in a variety of formats (print, electronic)
- Create a basic library search using Boolean connectors -- AND, NOT and OR
- Locate the full text of articles in UC Library Search and databases, using "Get it at UC" links
- Get help from librarians!
- Introductions and introduction; review of class goals - 5 minutes
- Connecting to the VPN - 5 minutes
- UC Library Search (15 minutes)
- Signing in to UC Library Search
- Boolean connectors: AND, NOT, and OR
- Tools with UC Library Search (10 minutes)
- Databases (15 minutes)
- Finding full-text articles
- Limiting to scholarly/academic journal articles
- Get it at UC
Instruction & Outreach Librarian