Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For more information on Using Keywords & Search Strategies, visit our guided tutorial.
You will be able to
- generate keywords from your research question.
- combine keywords and search strategies to locate the best resources for your research in library databases.
- anticipate how different search strategies will affect your search results
Selecting and Using Keywords
University of West Florida, John C. Pace Library, 3:50
- What do you put in a database’s search box?
- What is a keyword?
- How do you go from a research question to a keyword?
- How many keywords should you use?
- What are some strategies for developing related keywords?