By the end of this session, you will be able to ...
- craft a search strategy based on a research question or topic to more effectively search databases.
- optimize database features to locate relevant scholarly research articles.
- access the full text of articles through Get it at UC and/or Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- obtain citation information in order to correctly source your work through in-text citations and reference lists.
- Search Terms & Strategies (10 minutes)
- Database Practice (15 minutes)
- Using Sociological Abstract
- Using Google Scholar
- Evaluating Sources (5 minutes)
- Questions & Wrap-Up (5 minutes)