Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Edited Book Assignment
create a book that highlights different author’s unique perspective on a shared topic area
- 4 scholarly journal articles on your topic of interest
- each article should explore your topic from one of four different perspectives
- articles apply a theoretical perspective to an empirical examination (i.e. empirical articles)
- articles are written by contemporary scholars within the field
- each scholar represents a different perspective
- Marxist, Weberian, Du Boisian, Durkeimian, etc.
By the end of this session, you will be able to ...
- select and use databases to locate sources.
- locate sources using a variety of research strategies:
- keyword searching, author searching, field searching, using subject terms, hand searching, citation networking, etc.
- use database functionality to refine your search results.
- leverage your knowledge of empirical articles and review articles to locate additional sources.
, Criminal Justice
, Gardening and Horticulture
, Government Publications
, Health Sciences
, Native American Studies
, Political Science
, Psychology and Cognitive Science
, Urban Studies