Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Learning Outcomes for Today's Library Session
By the end of this class you will be able to:
- Manage your research topic
- Discover and develop good search terms
- Find and use relevant databases
Find scientific literature (at least three sources) that show the significance of a health problem.
Why Can't I Just Google It?
Why not just use Google for your research projects?
- Often more time consuming than using library databases
- First few results are from commercial sites or Wikipedia
- Sometimes hard to establish the authority of the site
- You will miss out on the 'good' stuff
Subjects: American Studies
, Controversial Topics
, Current Events
, Gardening and Horticulture
, Gender and Women's Studies
, Psychology and Cognitive Science
Chat with a Librarian 24/7