Known item searching refers to finding a specific article, either based on a citation or title.
Article Level Strategies
1. Look for the article title in Google Scholar. For full-text, try clicking on the article title OR look under More for UC-eLinks/ Get it at UC.
2. Look for the article title in UC Library Search. Look for the green Available Online link or request form.
3. Look for the article title in a major database in the article's subject area. * This can be a little bit like a needle in a haystack!!
4. Look in regular Google. You may be able to find on the web IF someone has posted it.
Journal Level Strategy
5. Look for the journal title in the Journals tab. Search for the journal title in the Journals tab on the library home page search box. See if the journal is available. Is the date you need available? If so, drill down to the correct volume and issue number.
Discover how to use the Get It at UC button to access the full-text of articles or books whether immediately or through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).