- Visualizations and analysis
- ICPSR's Teaching With Data: A list of tools centered around economics, geography and sociology disciplines.
- Tool for combining images, maps, charts, video and data interactively.
- Google books Ngram Viewer.
- Shows how phrases have occurred over time in a corpus of books.
- Visualization - SERC - Geoscience - How to Teach with Visualizations - overview of the importance of using visualizations in teaching and provides links to data visualizations, visualizations of model output and visualization software links
- Analysis - Bird data in Science Pipes - basic visualization workflow tool using real bird data
- Google Fusion Tables - a Google tool for combining data with other data and visualizing it in a variety of ways with maps, charts, other layouts
- IBM's Many Eyes - allows you to upload a data set or text block and create a variety of visualizations such as: charts, plots, graphs, treemaps, tagclouds, etc.
- Gapminder - site contains a data sets that can be used for analysis or you can upload your own
ComputerWorld - Listing of 22 free tools for data visualization and analysis