Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Data Analysis and Visualization resources
- Visualizations and analysis
- ICPSR's Teaching With Data: A list of tools centered around economics, geography and sociology disciplines.
- Tool for combining images, maps, charts, video and data interactively.
- Google books Ngram Viewer.
- Shows how phrases have occurred over time in a corpus of books.
- Visualization - SERC - Geoscience - How to Teach with Visualizations - overview of the importance of using visualizations in teaching and provides links to data visualizations, visualizations of model output and visualization software links
- Analysis - Bird data in Science Pipes - basic visualization workflow tool using real bird data
- Google Fusion Tables - a Google tool for combining data with other data and visualizing it in a variety of ways with maps, charts, other layouts
- IBM's Many Eyes - allows you to upload a data set or text block and create a variety of visualizations such as: charts, plots, graphs, treemaps, tagclouds, etc.
- Gapminder - site contains a data sets that can be used for analysis or you can upload your own
ComputerWorld - Listing of 22 free tools for data visualization and analysis