Part I: Link your current RefWorks account to your UC Merced credentials
What? how to link your existing RefWorks account to your UC Merced credentials
For? those who have a RefWorks account
1. Visit the RefWorks login page.
2. Click on “My Institution’s Credentials (Shibboleth)” — rather than logging in with your existing account.
3. Type in Merced.
4. Select University of California Merced.
5. At the UC Merced single sign-on page, enter your UCMnetID and password. Click Login. [Note: You will not see this screen if you are already authenticated on your browser. You will skip #5 and see #6.]
6. At the “Create Account” screen pop-up, click on the orange statement: “Link an existing RefWorks account to these institutional credentials.”
7. Enter your existingRefWorks login and password.
8. Click Link Account.
9. You will now be in your RefWorks account (linked to your UCMnetID).
This will associate any citations you have in your RefWorks account with your UC Merced credentials. Going forward, you can rely on your UCMnetID and password for RefWorks access. You will no longer need your initial RefWorks account login information.
See box on the right >>> for instructions for logging in with your UCMerced credentials when you want to access your RefWorks account in the future. Two options are given.