Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Science News & Magazines in Academic Source Complete
Search Academic Search Complete to locate science news and magazine articles. When searching:
- Refine results by selecting Magazines for source type.
- You can also filter by date, subject, publication, etc. on the far left of the results page.
- Too many results? Consider searching in the title field only for your terms.
- Search this subset of Academic Search Complete to search.
Evaluating Magazine & Newspaper Articles
- Can you verify this information with another resource?
- Does this sound reasonable/ believable?
- Who is the author?
- What credentials do they have in this field?
- What makes them an expert on this topic?
- Who published/ sponsored this resource?
- When was it published?
- When was it last updated?
- Have any major events related to this topic occurred since this was updated?
- Does it cite other credible sources?
- Are the citations written correctly?
- Are all facts and figures either cited or directly from the author’s own work?
- Is it written for a college-level audience?
- Do I understand everything it is saying?
- Does it go into enough depth with the topic?
- Is a popular resource appropriate or should I seek out scholarly resources?
- Is the writing factual and opinion-free?
- Is the author/ publisher trying to sell you something?
- What are your own biases on this topic?
- Does the author acknowledge dissenting opinions and counter them?
Newsbank: Access World News
Dates vary. Full-text content of more than 600 U.S. newspapers and 700 international sources. Local, regional and world news, including community events, schools, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people.
NewsBank: Special Reports
NewsBank's Special focus on topics of current interest. They include content from sources throughout the world to provide a global perspective, current and background information, statistics, maps, images, websites, and suggested search terms.
Provides access to a full-text database of over 15,000 sources including newspapers, journals, wire services, newsletters, company reports and SEC filings, case law, government documents, and selected reference works. Previously LexisNexis Academic.
U.S. Major Dailies (ProQuest)
1985 - present. Provides access to the five most respected US national and regional newspapers: The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune. Content is available by 8am each day and archives contain coverage as far back as 1985.