Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Prior to your library research session, please complete the following tutorials below.
- During our in-person session, you will be navigating to the A-Z Databases list and also using Academic Search Complete.
Finding & Using Databases
Finding & Using Databases Tutorial
1. Click on the link or logo above to access the tutorial. Full instructions are on the first page.
- You will NOT need to be on the campus network to complete this tutorial.
- This tutorial does include two videos so you may want headphones.
- At the end, you will be asked to submit your name and email address for a record of your participation.
|By the end of the tutorial, you will be able to:
- describe what a database is.
- understand the value of library-provided databases.
- locate suitable databases for your academic research using Subjects & Best Bets.
- recognize common database features.
LibWizard Academic Search Complete Tutorial
Academic Search Complete Tutorial
1. Connect to the campus network via the VPN if you are off-campus. You will need this connection to access one or more library databases while taking the tutorial.
2. Take the short quiz at the end of the tutorial. Enter your email address AND your professor's email address. Afterwards locate the email confirmation. These emails often go to your SPAM folder, so be sure to check there. It is often easiest to search in your email account for the phrase "Certificate of completion" to find your email confirmation.
3. You are ready! Click on the link below to start the tutorial. Follow the instructions on the left hand of the screen and, as directed, complete activities in the main screen (right).
Academic Search Complete Tutorial >> https://ucmercedlibrary.libwizard.com/f/academic-search-complete