Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Today you will be able to ...
- explore search tools suitable for research on writing center theory using a logical serach.
- identify functionality in search tools that will benefit your research process.
- locate resources through Cited By or Known Item searching.
- consider possible topics for your tutor column assignment.
- access research assistance from librarians.
This guide is accessible from this link http://bit.ly/wri110 or through Pages in your CatCourse.
Part I: (15 min.)
- Search Strategies Review (as a class)
Part II: (30 min.)
- Exploring Databases (paired activity)
- Debrief Findings
Part III: (10 min.)
- Finding Cited by references and Known Items
Part IV: (45 min.)
- Try one or more of the recommended Databases.
Part V: (10 min)
- Contacting Librarians & Giving Feedback
Head, Research Learning Services/Librarian
Sara Davidson Squibb
Subjects:African American Studies
, African Studies
, Controversial Topics
, Criminal Justice
, Current Events
, East Asian Studies
, Engineering (Aerospace)
, Engineering (Biological)
, Health Sciences
, Middle Eastern Studies
, Performing Arts
, Science (General)
, Writing Studies