Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Taken from the Greater Good Science Center, UC Berkeley. All rights reserved.
By the end of the first session (September 7), you should be able to:
- Use UC Library Search to find books, journal articles, and resources in other formats on the immigration patterns of this country;
- Successfully apply filters to search results in UC Library Search; and
- Find basic country information: government, geography, population, economy, and so forth.
By the end of the second session (September 9), you should be able to:
- Find citation information for the resources you located in the first session;
- Identify the elements of a citation; and
- Find citations in a chosen citation format.
- VPN and accessing resources from off-campus
- UC Library Search
- Sign in
- Boolean connectors -- AND, NOT, and OR
- Applying filters
- Reading the catalog record: database links, permalinks, e-mailing catalog records, citations
- Choose a country
- Class exercise: Finding a journal article
- Finding citations
- "Get it at UC" - finding the full text of articles
- Checking the accuracy of citations with the OWL at Purdue
- Class exercise: downloading citations and checking their accuracy
Instruction & Outreach Librarian