Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Databases Available at UC Merced's Library
Provides access to a full-text database of over 15,000 sources including newspapers, journals, wire services, newsletters, company reports and SEC filings, case law, government documents, and selected reference works. Previously LexisNexis Academic.
Using Nexis Uni for industry research:
- Within Nexis Uni, scroll down to "Business" and click.
- Look for "Company Dossier" and click "Find a Company."
- Search for a company by name. Your results will show a ticker tape symbol if the company is the parent company. Click the name of that company.
- Within the company's webpage ("dossier"), click "Industry Information" on the left menu.
Business Source Complete (EBSCO)
Articles from important scholarly business journals dating back to 1886. Includes industry & market research , SWOT analyses, over 600 books and more than 1,200 journals in the areas of business, marketing, management, finance and economics.
Using Business Source Complete for industry research:
- Search for the name of a particular industry and add the word "industry:" beverage industry, automobile industry, supermarket industry, and so forth. If you want to narrow your search further, add "United States" in the second search box.
- When you've retrieved your results, look to the left side of the page. Under "Source Types," choose "Industry profiles." If you don't see "Industry Profiles" as an option, click "Search More."
Access to industry and market research for thousands of industries and sub-industries. The UC Merced subscription includes the research module for the United States and the Global research module. Both modules offer current and in-depth analysis of industries in the United States and overseas, including segments on performance, competitive analysis, products, top companies operating in the industry, and more.
There is a separate workshop scheduled this semester for IBISWorld. Please consider attending. See the Library Events page for information on dates and enrollment.