Known item searching refers to finding a specific article, either based on a citation or other information you heard/read.
Article Level Strategies
1. Look for the article title in Google Scholar. For full-text, try clicking on the article title OR look under More for UC-eLinks.
2. Look for the article title in Melvyl. Look for the UC-eLinks button.
3. Look for the article title in a major database in the article's subject area. * This can be a little bit like a needle in a haystack!!
4. Look in regular Google. You may be able to find on the web IF someone has posted it.
Journal Level Strategy
5. Look for the journal title in the eJournal finder. Search for the journal title in the Journals tab on the library home page search box. See if the journal is available. Is the date you need available? If so, drill down to the correct volume and issue number.