Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
At the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- identify staff, resources, & services that can help with your research
- distinguish between popular & scholarly sources
- understand the advantages in using library databases
- use search strategies & limiters to get the most out of your search results
- find reliable and/or scholarly information in books, Google, & article databases
Access Library Resources from Off Campus
To install the VPN, click this link and follow the instructions. You can also drop by the IT Express desk on the second floor of the Library for additional help.
*Image courtesy of Design Services, UCI Libraries
, Criminal Justice
, Gardening and Horticulture
, Government Publications
, Health Sciences
, Native American Studies
, Political Science
, Psychology and Cognitive Science
, Urban Studies
Writing Center Pilot
Are you ...
- developing a thesis?
- organizing your ideas?
- incorporating evidence?
Visit the Writing Center for an individual consultation with a peer.
Hours & Location
Appointments & Events
- Two half hour appointments per week can be made at WCOnline.
- Visit the calendar for upcoming Writing Center Open House events.