Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find the Guide
CatCourses > Pages > Library Research Guide
After this session, you will be able to:
- identify characteristics of "good" research questions
- apply strategies for narrowing topics
- apply search strategies & limiters to find empirical articles in PsycINFO and other relevant databases
- Research Questions -- creating, refining, etc.
- Selecting search tools -- selecting databases; accessing materials, etc.
- Identifying keywords & creating searches
- Basic search strategies (AND / OR; phrase searching; truncation)
- Time for independent research
- Getting help
Instruction & Outreach Librarian
Subjects: American Studies
, Controversial Topics
, Current Events
, Gardening and Horticulture
, Gender and Women's Studies
, Psychology and Cognitive Science