Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Setting Up Journal Alerts
Stay on top of specific journals by receiving the table of contents from the latest issues or by being notified of the latest articles published in an issue.
- Journal TOCs
- Journal TOCs is a free service that collects feeds from over 28,000 academic journals, and can provide you with new tables of contents whenever a new issue is published. Browse by subject area, journal title, or combine multiple journal titles into a single feed.
- See the Journal TOCs "Help" page for instructions.
- EBSCOhost Journal Alerts
- Create an EBSCOhost account using any EBSCOhost database, such as Academic Search Complete (top menu --> sign in). Enter the name of the journal, choose "SO Publication Name" from the drop-down field menu, and click "Search." On your search results page, click on "Share" and select either "E-mail Alert" or "RSS feed." Keep in mind, however, that the search is dependent on the specific EBSCOhost database you are searching in. You can combine EBSCOhost databases.
- See the EBSCO "How to Use Journal Alerts" page for instructions.
- ProQuest Journal Alerts
- PubMed Journal Alerts
- ScienceDirect Journal Alerts
- Create an account in ScienceDirect (top right --> Sign in, select "Other Institution" on the right, type in University of California, select University of California Merced, and then sign in through the single-sign on). Click on person icon (your name will be to the left of the icon), click on "Manage alerts," and then click on "Manage your journal and book-series alerts here." Then click on "Find a publication to add an alert." Type in the name of the journal in the "Journal or book title" field, and click on the magnifying glass. Click on "Get new article feed" for RSS or "Subscribe to new volume alerts."
- See the ScienceDirect "How Can I Set Up and Manage My Alerts" page for instructions.
- Web of Science Journal Alerts