Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- These online tutorials introduce you to library databases. These databases are
- 1) Credo Reference
- 2) Opposing Viewpoints
- 3) Academic Search Complete
- Once you start each tutorial, you will follow the instructions on the left hand of the screen and, as needed, complete activities in the main screen (right).
- Links to the tutorials are located to the right >>>.
- There are short quiz questions at the end of each tutorial.
- You will be asked to enter your email address AND your professor's email address after you complete the quiz questions. Both you and your professor will receive a confirmation email with your score.
- Your professor's email is: email@example.com
- These emails often go to your SPAM folder, so be sure to check there if the email confirmation doesn't show up in your inbox. You can search for the phrase "Certificate of completion" to find your confirmation.
Connected to the Campus Network
Finding & Using Databases
Finding & Using Databases Tutorial
1. Click on the link or logo above to access the tutorial. Full instructions are on the first page.
- You will NOT need to be on the campus network to complete this tutorial.
- This tutorial does include two videos so you may want headphones.
- At the end, you will be asked to submit your name and email address for a record of your participation.
|By the end of the tutorial, you will be able to:
- describe what a database is.
- understand the value of library-provided databases.
- locate suitable databases for your academic research using Subjects & Best Bets.
- recognize common database features.
GOTS Credo Reference Tutorial