Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Click on the link or logo above to access the tutorial. Full instructions are on the first page.
You will need to be on the campus network to complete this tutorial.
This tutorial does contain a video and the download of the campus VPN. It is recommended to use your personal device when setting up the VPN. You may want headphones for the video.
At the end, you will be asked to submit your name, email address, and class information for record of your participation.
By the end of this tutorial you will be able to:
- understand why the VPN is needed for access to library resources from off-campus locations.
- connect to the VPN in order to locate library resources.
- know where to locate help for VPN set-up.
- become familiar with the purpose and value of the UC-eLinks button.
- use the UC-eLinks button to locate information.
Finding & Using Databases
Finding & Using Databases Tutorial
1. Click on the link or logo above to access the tutorial. Full instructions are on the first page.
- You will NOT need to be on the campus network to complete this tutorial.
- This tutorial does include two videos so you may want headphones.
- At the end, you will be asked to submit your name and email address for a record of your participation.
|By the end of the tutorial, you will be able to:
- describe what a database is.
- understand the value of library-provided databases.
- locate suitable databases for your academic research using Subjects & Best Bets.
- recognize common database features.