Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Wondering how to access, locate, and use information sources? This guide will provide information to support your research endeavors.
GOAL: Locate an appropriate book for your book review assignment.
Today you will be able to …
- access an ebook from UC Merced Library's collection.
- locate a print book from UC Merced Library's collection using call numbers.
- understand how to request a book through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- create a citation for a book in APA style.
- navigate to research help options in the library.
Outline of Today's Session (7 Sept. 2021)
Introduction (5 min)
Locate a Book for Book Review Essay (35 minutes)
- book selection parameters
- looking at book details
- accessing books (electronic, print, other)
APA Style for Books (15 min)
- basic elements of APA citation style
- book examples
Time to Locate a Book (10 min)
- use Library Guide & UC Library Search
Wrap-Up (10 min)
Head, Research Learning Services/Librarian
Sara Davidson Squibb
Subjects: African American Studies
, African Studies
, Controversial Topics
, Criminal Justice
, Current Events
, East Asian Studies
, Engineering (Aerospace)
, Engineering (Biological)
, Health Sciences
, Middle Eastern Studies
, Performing Arts
, Science (General)
, Writing Studies