Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites.
Change the default from finding results "in any language" to finding results written "only from pages in Spanish."
Consejos para usar Google Académico
- Google Scholar allows you to search for scholarly articles, patents, legal documents, theses, and more.
- Compare the Google vs. Google Scholar searches below.
- Sample Google search for bobcats.
- Sample Google Scholar search for bobcats.
- When in Google Académico, you will want to search for your key concepts in Spanish but keep Boolean operators in English.
- Example: (nutrición OR "hábitos alimentarios") AND estudiantes AND universidad
Ventajas y desventajas de Google Académico
Google Académico y la VPN
If you're connected to the VPN when searching in Google Scholar, you can gain access to articles available at UC Merced via UC-eLinks. You will first need to click on the double arrows (>>) under titles that may be of interest.