Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Session Goals
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
- identify and select psychology and related databases based on content, coverage and functionality
- craft effective searches & use database functionality to locate relevant original research and review articles
- obtain citation information in APA format to create correctly formatted references
- access the full text of articles through UCeLinks and/or Interlibrary Loan
- locate ongoing assistance for your research needs
GOTS: Finding Empirical Studies in PsycInfo
Finding Empirical Studies in PsycInfo
1. Connect to the campus network via the VPN if you are off-campus. You will need this connection to access one or more library databases while taking the tutorial.
2. Take the short quiz at the end of the tutorial. Enter your email address AND your professor's email address. Afterwards locate the email confirmation. These emails often go to your SPAM folder, so be sure to check there. It is often easiest to search in your email account for the phrase "Certificate of completion" to find your email confirmation.
3. You are ready! Click on the link below to start the tutorial. Follow the instructions on the left hand of the screen and, as directed, complete activities in the main screen (right).
Finding Empirical Studies in PsycInfo >> http://gots.ucmerced.edu/tutorial/finding-empirical-studies-in-psycinfo
Introduction: From Idea to Library
North Carolina State University (NCSU) Libraries, 2:28
, Controversial Topics
, Current Events
, Gardening and Horticulture
, Gender and Women's Studies
, Psychology and Cognitive Science