Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Think of subject terms as hashtags that can point you to more sources with the same tags.
Finding Subject Terms
- When you find a relevant article, make sure to look at the subject terms listed. Think of these as hashtags on Instagram. You can then look for articles with those subject terms to find other potentially relevant items.
- Databases also have tools to help you discover subject terms.
- Most EBSCO databases have a tool to help you discover subject terms. See Academic Search Complete > Subject Terms
- In PsycINFO, use the Thesaurus feature. While mental health is an official term, there are related subject terms you may want to use in your search.
- PsycINFO also has an explode feature that allows you to search for all of these related subject terms in addition to the main term.