Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Instruction - New Requests
- If you would like to schedule library instruction for summer 2020, please request via the Schedule an Instruction Request online form.
- Sessions will be offered via Zoom. We will confirm your virtual session with a Zoom link.
- Please see the top of the scheduling form for library session expectations
Library Instruction Services
- Visit our NEW landing page highlighting available library instruction services in support of teaching and research.
By Request Workshops
- The Library offers workshops upon request to support faculty, staff, and graduate student researchers on topics such as scholarly communication, GIS research, and research computing. View workshops and submit a request on the By Request Workshop page.
The UC Merced Library's Course Resources program continues to provide online access to supplemental course materials by making them available through CatCourses. For summer 2020, course materials will be provided only in electronic format.
Open Educational Resources are zero-cost online materials that can be easily adopted for remote instruction.
Instructional Materials & Learning Objects
Enable Library Guides in CatCourses
- Enable the Start Your Research link in the navigation menu of CatCourses. This link provides your students access to basic library guide. Visit this FAQ for simple instructions.
Learn About .... Library Guides
Request Custom Guide
The Research Process Tutorial (RPT) series
- The RPT series consists of seven modules with pre and post-tests to lead students through the research cycle.
- To follow your students' progress, students must affiliate with your course. If you want your students to take the RPT series, please email email@example.com so we can add your class(es) for affiliation.
- Currently we only have WRI 1 and WRI 10 classes listed in the tutorial for spring 2020.
DIY Library Tutorials
Library Modules in Canvas
- Six modules on research basics are available in the Canvas Commons for download into your CatCourse(s) to use with students. View module content and instructions for downloading at Learning Activities (Modules) in Canvas.
- Though modules were created for SPARK courses, they can be applied in other courses.
Formulating Research Questions: Lesson Plans & Activities
Teaching Research And Information Literacy (TRAIL)
- Think Like a Researcher materials were co-developed with the Merritt Writing Program (MWP) for Writing 10 courses. Materials includes lesson plans, tutorials, readings and reflection prompts.