Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Known Items
If you have a known item, especially a journal article, here are some places to search to locate the item.
Search for the article title in ...
1) Google Scholar
- includes many articles and references to books, a quick way to check for article titles though it is not exhaustive
2) Melvyl @ UC Merced
- includes a wide range of formats and goes beyond UC's collection
- can Request easily from records in this catalog
Search for the journal title in ...
3) eJournal Finder
- includes coverage details for periodicals (newspapers, journals, and magazines)
- use to determine if UC Merced has the periodical
Does UC Merced Library have these titles?
"Psychological resilience: A review and critique of definitions, concepts, and theory" (Fletcher & Sarkar)
"Contribution of schools to mental health and resilience in recently immigrated youth" (Venta et. al)
GOTS: Finding a Known Item
Finding a Known Item
1. Connect to the campus network via the VPN if you are off-campus. You will need this connection to access one or more library databases while taking the tutorial.
2. You are ready! Follow the instructions on the left hand of the screen and, as directed, complete activities in the main screen (right).