Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find a Known Item Article: 3 Strategies
1. Look for the article title in Google Scholar. Try the title OR UC-eLinks/ Get it at UC hyperlink.
2. Look for the article title in UC Library Search. Look for the green Available Online link or request form.
3. Look for the journal title. Select the Journals tab on the library home page. See if the journal is available. Is the date you need available?
4. You may be able to find it in a major database IF it belongs to a specific subject area.
Examples: Do we have these articles?
- Elbow, Peter. Do we need a single standard of value for institutional assessment? An essay response to Asao Inoue's "Community-Based Assessment Pedagogy." Assessing Writing Pgs 81-99 Published: 2006
- Zoetewey, Meredith W, and Julie Staggers. "Beyond 'current-Traditional' Design: Assessing Rhetoric in New Media." Issues in Writing. 13.2 (2003): 133-57.
- McMillan, V.E., Writing Papers in the Biological Sciences, Boston,MA: Bedford Books, 1997.
- Winsor, D., Writing Power: Communication in an Engineering Center, Albany, NY: State University of New York Press, 2003.
- Lerner, Neal. "Laboratory Lessons for Writing and Science." Written Communication. 24.3 (2007): 191-222.
Find a Known Item Article: Incomplete Information
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. (2019, February 14). New molecules reverse memory loss linked to depression, aging. ScienceDaily. Retrieved February 25, 2019 from www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190214102504.htm