Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access Library Resources from Off Campus
The VPN allows you to connect to the library's online articles and ebooks from off campus.
*Image courtesy of Design Services, UCI Libraries
What is the UC-eLinks Button?
What is the UC-eLinks button?
The UC-eLinks button represents a link. Click this button to take you to either:
- the full-text of the source you want
- to a Request screen so you can easily order the source through Interlibrary Loan
Where will I see the UC-eLinks button?
The UC-eLinks button is located in many of our databases including Melvyl, CREDO reference, Academic Search Complete and many more. You will also find the words UC-eLinks under the >> symbol in Google Scholar.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
If the library doesn't have an item, request to borrow it from another library through Interlibrary Loan.
- Look for a UC-eLinks button or Request button in most databases or catalogs to get to the request form.
- Your library card account number on the form is your UCMnetID.
- Hint, when searching in Google Scholar, click the >> symbol under the item description to reveal UC-eLinks.
- No UC-eLinks? Use the ILL form to place your request.
- Articles normally take 3-5 business days to obtain. Books may take longer. Articles will be delivered via email for download. Books will be available in print for pick-up at Library Services Desk on the 2nd floor.
Use My ILL Requests to manage, renew and access your ILL items.