Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use UC Library Search to search for books or for e-books by keyword, author, title and other criteria.
- Enter search terms in UC Library Search and select the UC Merced Catalog profile at the right of the search box field. Click enter.
- To see only ebooks , click "Online Items" on the lefthand side under "Show" and select "Books" under Resource Type.
- Click on the name of a title that interests you
- If the item is available online- click on the green Available Online link to find ebook locations.
- If the ebook is not held at UC Merced you will see a Check Availability link. Follow the prompts under Get It to make a loan request.
You will need to be connected to the VPN and signed into your library account to access ebooks from off-campus and to see all results available to you.
Search Credo Reference
Search reference books for general information including definitions.
Oxford English Dictionary
The accepted authority on the evolution of the English language over the last millennium. A guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past. The OED traces the usage of words through 2.5 million quotations from a wide range of international English language sources.
Use UC Library Search to Find Books & More
UC Library Search
Locate books, articles, and more from all UC campuses and beyond in this unified discovery and borrowing system. Use filters and alternative search scopes to narrow your results. Connect via the VPN to view all content available to you. Log in to your account to request material.
Features of UC Library Search
UC Library Search Locate books, articles, and more from all UC campuses and beyond in this unified discovery and borrowing system. Use filters and alternative search scopes to narrow your results. Connect via the VPN to view all content available to you. Log in to your account to request material.