Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find Information; Understand the Information Cycle
What do I need to know?
Join a Class
If you are taking this tutorial series for a class, join that class.
- Visit the Research Process Tutorial – UC Merced Courses page https://library.ucmerced.edu/rpt/
- Click "Log in with UCM CAS" - unless you are already logged in.
- You will be prompted to sign in with your UCMnetID -- unless you are already signed in. (IF you have already selected a course, you will have the option to "click this link to go back and change your selection.")
- Click the X (far right) to close the green horizontal bar.
- Select your course from the options listed.
- Once you click on the course, you can select the section for that course.
- You will receive a message that says "You have selected ...."
- By joining a course, your instructor for that course will be able to see your participation level and scores in the tutorial series.
- You can start the tutorial series by using the navigation at the top of the page. e.g. see "Begin Research"
- Your login for taking the quizzes is your UCMnetID. If you are already logged into another application such as the UC Merced portal, you may discover that you will not be prompted to login for the quiz but will be taken directly to it.
What is CAS?
- CAS stands for Central Authentication Services and is referred to as single sign-on. At UC Merced, your UCMnetID will allow you to to sign on to various systems.
- For each quiz, you have one attempt. Quizzes range in length from 2 to 6 questions.
- You can return to view your quiz results using the My Quiz Results link found at the bottom of each tutorial page.
Starting a Quiz
- When you review a tutorial section, you will be prompted to take a pre-quiz early in the section and a post-quiz at the end of that section.
- You can also start a quiz from the Research Process Tutorial – UC Merced Courses page https://library.ucmerced.edu/rpt/
- On that page, visit the left hand column to obtain links to each quiz.