If you have a known item, especially a journal article, here are some places to search to locate the item.
1) Google Scholar
- includes many articles and references to books, a quick way to check for article titles though it is not exhaustive
2) UC Library Search
- includes a wide range of formats and goes beyond UC's collection
- can Request easily from records in this catalog
3) Selected Database
- If the article is from Psychology, you could try a document title searching in a database like PsycInfo OR Web of Science to locate the item.
4) eJournal Finder
- includes coverage details for periodicals (newspapers, journals, and magazines)
- use to determine if UC Merced has the periodical
Disparities and access to healthy food in the United States: A review of food deserts literature. Walker, Renée E., Keane, Christopher R., Burke, Jessica G. Health and Place, 2010
The mass marketing of disordered eating and eating disorders: the social psychology of women, thinness, and culture. Women's Studies International, 2006.