Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
1) Potential terms to add to your existing searches to target information about solutions.
- solution, intervention
- regulations, laws, policy, policies, legislation, bills
- programs, programming, education, training
- communication, promotion, promoting
- campaign, initiative
- reduce, reduction, prevent, prevention, decrease, alleviate, minimize [reduce rates, reduce prevalence]
- increase, encourage, improve, incentives, incentivize, fix
- treatment / therapy
- develop, redevelop
- local measures / municipal strategies
- "war on X", "combat Y" e.g. "war on obesity" / "combat emissions"
- guidelines, targets
Topic: Reduce food insecurity in the Bay Area
reduce* AND "food insecurity" AND (cities OR urban)
Topic: Encourage business to place grocery stores in neighborhoods without high socioeconomic profiles.
(supermarket OR "grocery store") AND "food insecurity" AND (improve or encourage)
2) You may have already come across specific programs, people, bills, or ideas that could be part of a solution. Examples:
- "carbon credit"
- "portable health insurance"
- "food pantry"
- "Fair Food Program"
You could also include these in a search.
Provides access to a full-text database of over 15,000 sources including newspapers, journals, wire services, newsletters, company reports and SEC filings, case law, government documents, and selected reference works. Previously LexisNexis Academic.
- Narrow date at Timeline.
- Select Geography by Document and select North America.